Saturday, March 7, 2009

BAD NEWS

I cannot believe that I did actually blog in 2008. January, but still, fulfilled that resolution. As the months from January to May, Life: It was good. NO, it was perfect. Not a freaking care in the world beyond what time we were going to the gym, which we did- 3 to4 times a week. Yea! And then... ..here came the proverbial... "OTHER M/F SHOE." (NOT MALE/FEMALE HERE). A classic SNAFU as you shall see. I was at the RCC for my annual MAMO. LADIES get yours every year no matter what. My P.A. mentioned that it had been 5years since my last bone scan. So, we decided to schedule on at HAmot to make sure all was OK. I had had an accident in Las Vegas in October- hurt my back and neck and my legs, thighs were killing me. I kept telling the docs. that it was inner pain-inside my bones. AS it was. The scan came back looking like swiss cheese. The breast cancer had metastisized to the bone. Currently, it was in the right hip and the large legbones. We immediately began chemo. and hoped for the best.Ensuing scans were fantastic. Ntot only had the cells responded but, the hips/back was actually better. I became very sick in May and almost went on dialyasis. My system just rebelled. We made through that after 11 days at Hamot and I was back on the plan. Status quo until I began to have excruciating #10 pain in my back and leg again. Plus tired. Went for a CT and a then an MRI. Results; metatisis to spine and brain. I can tell you the medical shit which, bottom line means the same as English. This is not a favorable situation we are facing here folks. Egad. Any thoughts of brain stuff makes me queassy. I just finished a 10 day round of radiation on my head and back. I feel like someone microwaved my brains. I finally have clearer vision and my right face is less numb (decadron). I am taking anti-nausea pills, Prilosec, Morphine, Percocet and then the routine meds. I don't really know how or what I feel. Of course, you ask "How long?" and they don't want to say. Its a sentence and they don't do that. Par for the course= 2 years. Me probably more-because I can be piss and vinegar when I really put my mind to it. So, wow-this has been a wild month for us. My sleeping patterns are all turned around . Apparently, being on a drug like Decadron will do that. Plus, I can sleep when I'm dead right? Yes.That is right. And for now, I make hay whenever I can. My mother (Gertie, 92) does not know. She would freak and it would be very difficult for her to follow one more thing. Now, my current rant is that my hair, what there is, is falling out. But, I do have great wigs and that is fun- I will post pics. Hey, lemons=lemonade. MORAL for Saturday- Make you a priority at certain times. Especially for your health. Do not take advantage, as I did, for a long time. There is only one you and there are people that would miss you being around.

No comments: