Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'MMMMMM BAAAAACK! (How cliche)

Well I have finally rebounded again. Wow, this one took a couple of days. And I was not happy about it at all. I'm tired of getting sick and tossing everything good I try to eat. I have to eat but my body says I don't have to retain what I eat. This is so frustrating. People have suggested ginger root. Does ANYONE know if this is an effective nausea treatment? I just might have to try it-it sounds good. I had a really great day today! My sister, who is a complete suburbanite, was afraid to go to Natalie's (Erie County Farms) alone. So she took mom with her! They waited over an hour to buy corned beef but the beef never came. Meanwhile, Nancy, a diehard Wegmann's shopper went nuts on all that gourmet crap she eats; organ meats (gag), head cheese(x2), cheeses, fruits, veggies, etc. She was as always amazed at what she saved on her purchase. Using Weggie pricing, she calculated approximately A $150.+ tab. Bottom line$70.00, nice take. However not so nice as to go again I don't think. Wegmanns has heat and cafe latte and fresh sushi and.... My mom goes for me and her every Wednesday that Nat. is open. It is a highpoint of her week. She gets there at like 8:30, grabs a cart, and is the first in line. ALWAYS. If you see a lady about 4 feet tall with a brown winter coat, say "Hey mom! Tracy said 'Hi'". She'll go nuts! Tomorrow, she has to go because the corned beef all had to be remarked and was not out early. PLus, Natalie opened late and that really gets the line brewin'. Actually, we love the veggies and fruits we can practically eat for free from there. I don't ever feel guilty about my Asparagus fetish at the prices she charges. Romaine and greens either. You could give mom your list and she would shop for you too-she is such a keeper! Total matriarch of the family. Her routine is firmly engrained in all of us and very, very little will sway her. When my Dad was passing a few years ago, we were sitting by his bed and she looked over at me and said this SOB better not goof up my card night. Of coursse, she loved him more than anything but, he had been sick a looong time and she needed the rest. We began to worry more about her for a while, he had the morphine. Plus, she never allowed him to worry about anything. She worries for all of us. Wow, did that digress. As you can see, I must be feeling better. My niece in CT emailed me today. I think I may have to fly up to see her version of Turkey Hill and go to the buyers district in NYC for deals on jewelry supplies for my art. It was a good day especially after my afternoon nap when I woke up with better vision and balance than I've had since Saturday. That is the part that scares me alot but it does clear and I hope it continues to do so. We never got to the polenta because I was too sick to make it and/or eat it. Tonight we ate the bread bowl beans and greens. Yummy. If you want the recipe, let me know. It very nutritious and is sinfully easy and filling. Perfect for this ugly day. Tonight I spoke with a good friend I've been missing like crazy. It was so nice to catch up with her and now were cyberlinked again so I am back in the loop on that front. You go and have yourself a Merry little Hump Day and I'll be talking at you because I love to talk and my man can only listen about 10 seconds before he is under and out of the radar.

No comments: